Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Our handmade headboard

We finally finished our headboard, it took us months, but we did it finally

Over the last year I have been searching for headboard, but of course I cannot afford anything that I like and I just have to make my own one, and since I am not creative and 'craftive' enough, I can only made some simply design. 

This is how we started, we went to get 4 plywood from one of those home improvement stores (it has been that long I don't even remember which one), and some long wood sticks, it cost us about $30  for all that. Albert put them together in our living room, yes, we only live in an apartment we have no garage. 


Then I went to JoAnn and got some foam which cost about another $20, we didn't really measured the board, we just go for those 4 boards, even we measured, we have no where to cut it. However from the foam I purchased, it is just less than 3 yards.

Then we spent another few weeks to decide which fabric, I have a Waverly one, but I got it from our local JoAnn, and they discontinue that fabric so I have to pick something else. Another week gone, I wanted to do grey and yellow stripes, but Albert said no, so at the end we gone for...


Navy Blue and white, I did 2 white and 2 blue and sew them together, all these only cost me $15 (3 yards white and 3 yards blue)



This is the bedroom before 


and now


I love it

We also change our window shade to curtain, I bought 2 panels from Target when they were on sale, $15 each. 





This project is link to: Made By You, Family Ever After, Someday crafts, Somewhat Simple, Southern Lovely, Lil' Luna, 36th Avenue, Bear Rabbit Bear, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Funky Junk Interior, Whipper Berry, Five Days...5 Ways, The Shabby Nest , The CSI Project , Happy Go Lucky, Tatertots and Jello, Polkadots on Parade, Sew Much Ado, Family Home and Life , The ArtsyGirl Connection, Not Just A Housewife , House of Hepworths, Mommy by Day Crafter by Night, The D.I.Y Dreamer, Thirty Handmade Days, It's Overflowing 

7 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE the headboard!!!!!!! I have the same duvet cover as you :) I'm just about to change it though.. I've had it for a few years and the color is changing :(


    You are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up this evening! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the comment and invite, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER CUTE! Crossing my fingers you'll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for linking at Wow Us Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up! I love your blog! I can't wait to see what you share tonight! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete