Saturday, October 8, 2011

Laundry room

We have a very small laundry room in our apartment, it looks really bad before. I hated doing my laundry in there since I moved in. Here is the only BEFORE picture.

This is what I did few days ago, I only spent about 2 hours and I am happy with it for now.

As soon as we moved in, we sold the old washing machine and dryer then we bought new ones. 
We have a very small budget for this room. What I did was painted the whole room in blue, using the left over paint for the living room then we bought some very cheap self- stick vinyl tiles from Lowes which they are only $0.68 each. We bought a box which have 30 of them in total, I used about 21 of them. The Laundry print are free from a blog, I cannot find the link anymore, I download this one and one for the bathroom.I bought the switch cover before we moved thought it would be nice changing the whole apartment, but the switches inside aren't this style, and the laundry room is the only one that match. 

I did this after we bought the washing machine and dryer, so the wall behind there is not painted and the floor under the machines aren't cover either, if not 30 tiles would be perfect for this small room. 
We spent about $20 and 2 hours for this project. I am very happy with the result, and I would love to go in there and do my laundry now.  
I still need to put some more pictures up on the wall, and change the light. 




No comments:

Post a Comment